This workshop offered me the opportunity to take advantage of other people’s different ways of thinking.
Some things were simple, even obvious, but I hadn’t thought of them – like:
- putting a copy of the DeLoran Gazetteer of maps either in my car or in my go-bag,
- scanning my important docs and putting them in dropbox instead of carting the papers around with me.
- storing numbers of motels (might be necessary for evac), and other important but not personal info in my phone (icloud)
- solar battery pack for phone
- a renewed emphasis on organizing my home, cleaning up my paperwork (dnr, will, living will) and consolidating my belongings
- magnetic pocket for fridge with medical info in it for first responders
ideas for dealing with the road closures that Ward is about to experience, like:
- scheduling carpools or vans for grocery and medical runs to Boulder,
- using the town website for linking to RTD schedules
- using cotrip.org
- publicizing alternate routes for visitors
There really was more than I could take in, and I heard fleeting moments of brilliant ideas coming from the other tables. I hope everyone can offer some of their learnings too.