- Left Hand Canyon above Rowena, Photo credit Fred Morse
The Front Range of Colorado is being tried once again, this time with flood. Boulder mountain communites affected include Gold Hill, Sunshine, Four Mile Canyon, Salina, Ward, Jamestown, Lyons, Nederland, Allenspark, Riverside, Raymond, Bar-K. We will have a lot more information available soon, but right now here are some links:
Please visit our Flood recovery posts to find up to date info.
- Boulder County, along with a number of other Colorado counties has been declared a Federal Disaster area, making individuals and businesses eligible for federal disaster relief funds. You can find out more, and apply, at disasterassistance.gov
- Foothills United Way has established a Fund for the victims of this flood. The name of the fund is the Foothills Flood Relief Fund and that money will be used for housing and human services and will ALL stay local in our communities of Boulder and Broomfield counties… just like our long term recovery fund for the fire. Please share this URL: www.unitedwayfoothills.org/floodrelief or go to www.unitedwayfoothills.org and follow the links to donate. PLEASE DO SHARE THIS INFO WITH ALL OF YOUR GROUPS!
- 2-1-1 has been activated. If you know of anyone that has any questions about evacuation sites, routes, donations, road closures etc. they can call 2-1-1 in the Boulder area to get help.
- If you think friends and family might be concerned about you, you can use this website, Safe & Well, to check in, or to check for someone you haven’t heard from.
- Also for resources you can look at Help Colorado Now. Please note this is helpcoloradonow.COM, NOT .ORG. The .org site is a squatter site. Don’t use the .org site.
- Amy Hardy is the Boulder mountain resource coordinator and she will be working with the affected communities to assess the relief needs. Contact her at 303 895 3418 or email@example.com