Identified resources in the Peak to Peak corridor
A survey following the Fourmile Canyon Fire found that over 60 percent of people who lost their homes were under-insured by an average amount of over $160,000. Many homeowners assume their insurance coverage will allow them to rebuild if their home is destroyed by a wildfire. Under-insurance is a common problem especially as fires in the wildland-urban interface become more prevalent and larger in size. This video contains vital information for homeowners so they can properly insure their home against wildfire.
What is PEAK?
Colorado PEAK, Program Eligibility and Application Kit, is the fast and easy website where you can learn about cash, food, and medical assistance benefits. On this site you can see if you might qualify, apply, review assistance benefits (if you are already a client), and report any changes to your report online. PEAK allows you to apply at any time from home, a library or any location with a computer that has internet. It is simple to use and available in both English and Spanish. Sign on and see if you are eligible for:
- Medical Assistance (Family Medicaid/Child Health Plan Plus - CHP+)
- Food Assistance (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - SNAP)
- Cash Assistance (CO Works/Temporary Assistance to Needy Families - TANF, and Adult Financial Programs
PEAK is secure, private and confidential. Your personal information is protected when you create a private account. Visit www.colorado.gov/PEAK and begin using the website today. Computer kiosks open to the public have been provided for mountain residents in Nederland, Jamestown, and Allenspark.
Nederland: Kiosk is located in The Nederland Community Center near the Area Agency on Aging office. Contact: Dawn Baumhover at email@example.com Jametown: Kiosk is located in The Jametown Town Hall and available during office hours. Contact: Mary Ellen Birch, at firstname.lastname@example.org Allenspark: Kiosk is located in The Old Gallery and available during open hours. Contact: Marta Dowell at email@example.com
- Visit Incident Information System
- Visit BOEM
- Sunshine Fire Protection District
- Contact Johanna Hurley to receive Sunshine Community and Fire Department emails.
- Four Mile Fire Department
- Salina School House info and upcoming events
- Little Church of the Pines in Salina - info and upcoming events
- Contact Karen to receive Four Mile Canyon emails providing information and upcoming community events.
- Visit Gold Hill Town Website
- For info about the Gold Hill Fire Protection District email Adriana Galue
- Contact Gretchen to add to be included in town wide emails or added to the town digest.
- Sugarloaf Fire Protection District
- Join the Sugarloaf Yahoo group