Nederland mayor, Joe Gierlach, created the Nederland Mayor’s Housing and Human Service Task Force in order to take a series of steps toward improving the availability of human services to the Nederland area and western Boulder County.
Task Force Goals:
- To form a committee of experienced members of the community who are deeply familiar with the needs of the community regarding human services, particularly care for those with lower incomes, seniors, and the disabled.
- To produce a brochure and web link that provide enrollment, eligibility, and contact information on services available to mountain residents.
- To collaborate with Boulder County in the creation of a Human Services office in Nederland to serve all of the mountain communities with information, face time with staff people, and a computer kiosk for web-based enrollment.
- To address transportation issues throughout the Peak to Peak area to aid residents in attaining basic human service needs.
- To create a permanent Town of Nederland Advisory Board for Housing and Human Services.
Task Force Members:
Atashnaa Medicine Shield, Community Volunteer
Janette Taylor, Community Volunteer, Chairperson
Keith Carr, Area Agency on Aging, Boulder County
Pat Critchfield, Area Agency on Aging, Boulder County
Tami Agne, Housing and Human Services, Boulder County
Angela Lanci-Macris, Housing and Human Services, Boulder County
Amy Hardy, Mountain Resource Coordinator, Foothills United Way
Serene Karplus, Executive Director, Nederland Area Seniors
Dawn Baumhover, Nederland Community Center
Chris Current, Nederland Food Pantry
Dennis Whalen, The Emergency Food Assistance Program
This task force meets monthly and welcomes representatives from local governmental agencies and non-profit organizations interested in providing human services to mountain communities. Please contact Janette Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org if your agency would like to attend the next meeting.